Sunday, Oct. 31
Trick or treat? You’re busted
1:32 a.m. – The Main Apartment Complex resident advisor requested an officer stand by while he checked on a possible party. Five officers responded. It was determined that several people were under 21 and had been consuming alcohol. The officers issued citations for the MCA’s and three subjects were arrested and transported to UPD where they were processed. They were then transported to the magistrate then to the Anchorage Jail where they were remanded.
Phantom peeper rolls by
7:31 p.m. – The North Hall resident coordinator reported there was a suspicious male riding in the area of North Hall on a bicycle looking in residents’ windows. Two officers responded but the suspect was gone.
Monday, Nov. 1
Weed in West?
11:00 a.m. –
A staff member reported they found suspected marijuana plants at West Hall. An officer responded and is investigating. The plants were confiscated.
Tuesday, Nov. 2
Thank you, Johnny Law
4:27 p.m. – A student called to report an individual was attempting entry to a vehicle with a coat hanger at the library lot. An officer responded and contacted the individual, who was the registered owner of the vehicle. A vehicle unlock was provided.
Wednesday, Nov. 3
I’ve got a wicked hard fastball
4:24 p.m. – A resident coordinator requested assistance in stopping students from throwing snowballs at automobiles. An officer responded but the student had left the area.
10:02 p.m. – A resident advisor reported a huge snowball in the middle of Residential Drive between the East and West Halls. An officer responded and found that the snowball had been moved out of the way.
Saturday, Nov. 6
Drop your drawers
12:01 a.m. – While on patrol near North Hall, an officer heard the fire alarm sounding and investigated. The officer determined that a tenant in North Hall had hung wet snow pants from the smoke detector, causing the alarm to sound. The officer had the student remove the snow pants and the alarm silenced.
You got zapped!
8:19 p.m. A housing staff member reported that a tenant in a MAC apartment had plugged in a space heater that caused the tenant’s power and her roommates’ power to go out. UPD was attempting to call an electrician when the student fixed the problem. Housing placed a work order for an electrician to take a look at the unit.