Move over, spaghetti! Impress your roomies with this Italian favorite. All this elegant dish requires is a pan, a stove and wine.
2 large chicken breasts, cut in half, flattened
1 package of mushrooms (button or crimini, or both)
3 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of butter
4 tablespoons of lemon juice
3/4 cup of Marsala wine
1/2 cup of heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl filled with flour, salt and pepper, take the flattened chicken breasts and coat them.
2. In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium to high heat. Add two tablespoons of the butter to the pan and wait for it to stop foaming. Add the chicken to the pan.
3. Cook the chicken for three minutes per side and set on a plate. Cover with foil while you finish cooking the sauce.
4. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan, along with the mushrooms. Cook for five minutes.
5. Add the wine and lemon juice, and cook until it reduces by half.
6. Lower the heat to medium and add the heavy cream. Stir constantly until glossy, and return the chicken to the pan.
7. Taste for seasoning, and serve with pasta or potatoes.