Now that beer week is officially over and done with, try something new with your excess brews.
A go-to comfort food, this beer cheese is best served hot and is perfect for pretzel dipping.
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup beer (a lager or an ale)
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1. Heat a sauce pan on medium heat and melt the butter. Whisk in the flour until combined.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons of the milk until smooth, then whisk in the rest of the milk in small increments.
3. Stir in the beer, dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Return the pan to the heat and stir until thick and bubbling.
4. Add cheese in small amounts, whisking and combining it completely before adding more. Serve hot.
Add a brew-worthy twist to a favorite chocolate treat. Dark beers and porters will work best for this fudgy dessert.
1 box of fudge brownie mix
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup beer
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray an 8 by 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, vegetable oil and eggs, then beat together until evenly combined.
3. Once batter is mixed thoroughly, stir in chocolate chips.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let the brownies cool before enjoying.
Beer BBQ Sauce
Use this sweet and tangy BBQ sauce on grilled chicken, sloppy joes or even pizza. The recipe yields approximately 2 and 3/4 cups.
1 cup ketchup
1 1/4 cup beer
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/8 cup honey
1 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1. In a saucepan, on low to medium heat, stir together all the ingredients for a half an hour.
2. Once the ingredients are stirred together, let the sauce cool for about 3 minutes.
3. Once cool, transfer the sauce to a blender and blend until the desired consistency is reached.
4. Pour the sauce into a bottle that can be stored in the refrigerator.