The core values of the USUAA, Union of Students of the University of Alaska Anchorage, are service, advocacy and self-governance. We work hard to make sure that your voices are heard and have access to all the resources that our institution has to offer. With an important midterm election coming soon, our cooperation with other departments resulted in the first Gubernatorial Debate on campus with a historic turnout to provide voters an opportunity to stay informed about their candidates’ positions on a variety of issues. Engage in your civic duty and vote on Nov. 6, 2018.
Other USUAA Updates:
- Culture of Respect
- All degree-seeking students and students living in campus student housing must complete annual Title IX training through UAOnline by Nov. 2, 2018. Failure to complete the training by that date will make you ineligible to participate in UAA’s Spring 2019 Priority Registration.
- Hunger and Homelessness Support Network
- The faculty, staff and administration at UAA care about student retention, graduation and success. In an effort to better understand student needs and how best the university can support and accommodate them, we are interested in learning about food and housing security and other circumstances that may affect your experience as UAA students. Find a link for the 10-15 minute anonymous survey at usuaa.org.
- Oct. 29, 2018 (2 – 3 p.m.) – Student Fees Open Forum (Student Union Den)
- USUAA will moderate an open forum with university departments that proposed modifications in order to ensure the student body at large has opportunity to give input in advance of presentations to the USUAA Assembly.
- Oct. 30, 2018 (2 – 3 p.m.) – “Ask Me Anything!” Chat with the Chancellor (Student Union Den)
- One of the USUAA’s missions is to make sure that students have access to their administration and their voices are heard. Join us in our open forum with Chancellor Cathy Sandeen and her cabinet where they will be able to answer any of your questions. Invite a friend and come join in on the conversation!
- Nov. 22, 2018 (11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.) – Thanksgiving Feast (Gorsuch Commons)
- The annual event hosted by USUAA offers free meals and is open for all students and members of our community.
- Nov. 26, 2018 (5:30 – 7 p.m.) – Sugar Cookie Council (Student Union Den)
- USUAA presents you an opportunity to meet and greet with all the deans of our colleges.
Find more information and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or at usuaa.org to stay up to date with what is happening.
UAA Student Body President
(907) 786-1206 | email@example.com