I developed this recipe several years ago, and it’s a good option for a make-ahead breakfast that can be prepared the night before. It’s packed full of color and nutrition, and is low-carb for folks watching their intake of carbohydrates.
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 cup extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup purple onion, finely diced
- 2-3 sprigs of green onion, diced
- 5-6 button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Oregano, salt, pepper and fresh garlic to taste
Prepare vegetables. Place them in a saute pan and saute until done to likeness. Add tofu, eggs and cheese. Scramble together until eggs are done cooking. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 1-2 days.