Try this delicious key lime pie inspired by Anchorage’s Simon and Seafort’s. The pie is a simple summer treat that is best served on it’s own. You can find key limes at your local grocery store, if not at New Sagaya or other specialty stores. Nellie and Joe’s key lime juice is a good option as well, and what Simon and Seafort’s uses in their key lime pie recipe. Key lime juice can also be found at New Sagaya.
Pre-made graham cracker pie shell
4 egg yolks
20 fl oz. sweetened condensed milk
5 fl oz. key lime juice
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. With a stand-up mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat egg yolks in a bowl until they are light in color and frothy.
3. Add the milk and lime juice to the beaten egg yolks and continue to mix until ingredients are fully combined.
5. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
6. Let the pie chill in the refrigerator over night.
1. With a stand up mixer or handheld mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until the cream has soft peaks.
2. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla while continuing to whip the cream.
3. Spread generously around the chilled pie, then serve and enjoy.