Are you looking for a new way to enjoy your salmon? This recipe offers a nice “South of the border” spice that tastes great with your fresh caught Alaska wild salmon. Enjoy it with steamed summer vegetables, rice and black beans.
1 pound of your preferred salmon
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoon honey
1 clove of minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
2 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp or more chipotle powder (to taste).
Chipotle powder is 2 parts ground chipotle pepper and brown sugar to 1 part paprika, salt, cumin, and dry mustard.
Optional: Cilantro for garnish
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2) In a saucepan over medium heat, combine lime juice, lime zest, honey, salt, garlic and red pepper flakes. Once honey is melted and combined, add the butter and stir until it melts. Turn off heat.
3) Place salmon on a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the fish in and brush the combined lime juice mixture on the salmon.
4) Sprinkle chipotle powder and cumin on top.
5) Wrap in foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6) After 15 minutes, open the foil so the top of the salmon is exposed and turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes to give the outside of the fish a slightly crispy crust. Watch the fish carefully so the broiler does not burn it.