Avgolemono soup is a Greek classic. With chicken, rice and lemon juice the soup is served warm to keep you cozy during the dark and cold. With the added element of citrus the soup offers a refreshing taste that can be enjoyed all year long.
6 cups of chicken stock
3 tbsp of corn starch
1/2 cup cold water
2 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup instant white or brown rice
1. Pour chicken stock in a pot and place on stove. Turn heat to high and let stock come to a boil.
2. Dissolve the corn starch in the water in a small bowl. Juice both lemons into corn starch mixture. Set aside.
3. Add salt to broth.
4. Take your microwaveable rice and follow the instructions on the packaging. Once the rice is cooked through, add to the broth.
5. Reduce to a simmer and stir occasionally while you prepare chicken.
6. Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces, and cook it through in a separate pan.
7. Once chicken is cooked, place in stock mixture. Take the lemon juice and corn starch mixture and pour in stock pot. Let simmer for about ten more minutes.
8. Serve hot and enjoy.Tags: Avgolemono soup, greek